More than Online Marriage Advice: How the Weconcile Program Works.
Should I read a relationship book, find an online relationship program or go to couples therapy? Tell me more about online relationship programs. How does online marriage counseling work?
There are a lot of good books out there. The question is, will you read them? Will you and your partner be motivated to implement the suggestions? If not, a book, while educational and enlightening may not be structured enough for you. That is because knowledge is one thing, but changing habits is yet another. We have to practice and practice to change habits. To do that, we need ongoing support, not a book we read once and then put away.
There are a lot of good (and not so good) couples therapists out there. I recommend finding an EFT therapist if you choose therapy because the training they receive is excellent. The biggest disadvantage to couples therapy is cost. But having an impartial trained third party can be great.
There are a number of relationship programs out there. We believe WeConcile is the best because:
- It is the most extensive and comprehensive program available. It is the Mercedes Benz of relationship programs.
It follows and integrates the steps of EFT therapy, the statistically most successful couples therapy available.
- It is both cognitive and experiential – it includes both audio and reading, fun exercises, quizzes, assessments, as well as guided discussions and very specific communication tools, including an extensive tool called Story Tending which walks you and your partner through communication in a step by step way. It is deep. You will learn about yourself on a deep level. You won’t be going for a quick fix but life changing experience.
- It was created out of a desire to help as many couples as possible and offer those couples a tool that is much more comprehensive than a book or workshop and much less expensive than therapy.
- As you progress through the 24 levels of WeConcile, the learning you do is repeated in more intricate and complex ways until you and your partner have successful integrated that learning and made the changes stick.
- You can go at your own pace and learn in the privacy of your home.
- You can complete a few, or all of WeConcile. Not everyone needs to do the entire program. When your relationship feels great, you may decide to stop, or you may decide you want to learn more.
- If you stop, you can restart and continue on whenever you want.
- There are now a number of “programs” available. Many are CD’s that come with a workbook. Some are e-books or downloadable e-book articles. Another program advertises contact with a real coach at a very low cost. Personally, I would be cautious about how much personal contact you will be getting if the program offering coaching is practically free. Many of the online couples program are not extensive. They barely scratch the surface in terms of what you need to know to create effective change in yourself and your relationship. WeConcile took years of study, writing, and working couples and with beta couples using the program to become the restoration program that it is. WeConcile is comprehensive and set up in a step by step way. You learn what you need to learn first, before you move onto the next step.
We recommend you give it a try and see what you think. Your initial investment to get started is only $60/couple.
You can learn more here: